Just in time for the Jetstream Sam DLC, action game expert Gabriel Zamora and I chat about Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Spoilers abound in this one, so if you haven’t played Kojima Productions and Platinum Games’ action hit, it’d be best to sit this one out. If you played it then this is the episode for you! We discuss a lot — bosses like Monsoon and Sundowner, Raiden as a character, comparisons to DmC: Devil May Cry and other action games, and what Rising could have done better.
Let us know your thoughts on the episode in the comments below, and please take the time to write a quick review of the show in iTunes!
And as always, we’d love any helpful criticism and suggestions for future topics.
- 0:00 - 5:22 — Introductions
- 5:23 – 11:39 — Jack the Ripper / Ryu in Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge / Kojima Humor
- 11:40 – 44:18 — Boss Rundown: Mistral, Bladewolf, Samuel and the rest / THE BRAINS / Sound design
- 44:19 – 1:02:22 — Senator of Colorado / Konami
- 1:02:23 – 1:24:00 — Weaknesses: Health items, camera, etc. / Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden and DmC comparisons
- 1:24:01 – 1:34:59 — Sequel talk / Platinum luv~ / End
Follow the entire crew on Twitter to suggest topics and leave feedback!
- Jeffrey L. Wilson – @jeffreylwilson
- Tim Torres – @pleasedtomeetya
- Tatjana Vejnovic – @digital_vix3n
- Gabriel Zamora – @dracozombie
- Eric Guzman – @eric2dx
- 2D-X – @2dx
- Terry Lewis – @valkor
- Sean-Paul Adams – @digispa
- Isaac Rouse – @jokermanuno
- Johnathan Gibbs – @blasianFMA
- Will Greenwald – @aggrogate
Our intro music comes courtesy of Play on Loop! Thanks, guys!
Other music used this episode comes from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.