Let’s rock! The first episode of 2013! Gabriel Zamora leads The-Other-View’s Terry Lewis, PC Mag’s Will Greenwald and me in an in-depth discussion of Capcom’s crazy action series Devil May Cry, from the first game’s innovations, to the third game’s refinements to the pros and cons of the reboot, DmC.
Let us know your thoughts on Devil May Cry and the episode in the comments below, and please take the time to write a quick review of the show in iTunes!
As always, we’d love any helpful criticism and suggestions for future topics. Party on!
- 0:00 - 8:52 — Introductions / First, some Final Fantasy: All the Bravest griping
- 8:53 – 17:44 — Devil May Cry 1
- 17:45 – 25:57 — Devil May Cry 2
- 25:58 – 48:16 – Devil May Cry 3
- 48:17 – 1:02:19 – Devil May Cry 4
- 1:02:20 – 1:20:28 — DmC / Rebooting Dante
- 1:20:29 – 1:41:46 — DmC / What it does right and what it does wrong / Hopes for the future
- 1:41:47 – 1:48:09 — Closing Comments
Follow the entire crew on Twitter to suggest topics and leave feedback!
- Jeffrey L. Wilson – @jeffreylwilson
- Tim Torres – @pleasedtomeetya
- Tatjana Vejnovic – @digital_vix3n
- Gabriel Zamora – @dracozombie
- Eric Guzman – @eric2dx
- 2D-X – @2dx
- Terry Lewis – @valkor
- Sean-Paul Adams – @digispa
- Isaac Rouse – @jokermanuno
- Johnathan Gibbs – @blasianFMA
- Will Greenwald – @aggrogate
Our intro music comes courtesy of Play on Loop! Thanks, guys!
Interview with Tameem Antoniades, creative chief at Ninja Theory and co-writer of DmC:
This is also the first game I’ve written, cast and directed myself. If i do my job right, you should be seeing a story of Dante that breaks the myth that all videogame stories are trite and will never stand up to the best that theatre and film have to offer.
Fist of the North Star live-action movie trailer: