[How To is a recurring feature in which we demonstrate techniques designed to improve your game, and make your skill set more than a little bit awesome. This time out, we’ll help you put killer 8-bit tunes on your iPhone.]
‘Tis a grand time to be a retro video game geek. Between the awesome Scott Pilgrim vs. The World game and the growing popularity of chiptunes, all things old, cute, and catchy are hip. Now you can show your love with Cdubu‘s NES Ringtone Pack and NES Ringtone Pack: Part Deux.
Compatible with the iPhone and “other phones”, the NES Ringtone Packs contain some of the catchy tunes pulled form the soundtracks of classic 8-bit video games. NES Ringtone Pack contains 99 tunes pulled from Duck Hunt, Excitebike, The Legend of Zelda, Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Bros., and Super Mario Bros. 3. NES Ringtone Pack: Part Deux features 106 compositions culled from Castlevania, Contra, Double Dragon, Metroid, Ninja Gaiden, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
1. Download the ZIP file.
2. Unzip the ZIP file. Inside you’ll find a folder containing the tunes.
3. Open iTunes and drag the music folder into the Ringtones section.
4. Attach you iPhone to your Mac or PC and sync the files.
5. Grab your iPhone. Tap Settings > Sounds > Ringtones to find the list of tracks synced to your handset.
6. Select a ringtone. Nerd up!