The Xbox 360 — along with the PlayStation 3 — pushed home video game consoles into the digital download era. As a result, you can download titles like Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, Shank 2, and the upcoming FarCry 3: Blood Dragon without putting on your pants and taking a stroll to the local game store. I’ll leave it to you to debate the merits of that.
Let’s suppose you won a digital copy of Super Hedgehog Cousins Adventure 3 on Developer X’s official forums. You’re e-mailed a 25-character redemption code — but where to put it? The Xbox 360 dashboard exists somewhere between awesome and an utter mess, so it comes as no surprise that many people may have trouble finding the redemption area.
You won’t have that problem after reading this.
Find out how to redeem a Xbox 360 code on both console and PC.
REDEEM A CODE ON YOUR XBOX 360 CONSOLE
1. Log into your Xbox account.
2. Tap the Xbox Live guide button located in the middle of your controller.
3. Navigate to the Games and Apps tab. Select Redeem Code.
4. Enter the 25-character redeem code. Select Done.
5. Confirm the download when prompted.
6. Boom! Your download begins.
REDEEM A CODE ON YOUR COMPUTER
1. Point your browser toward https://live.xbox.com/redeemtoken.
2. Log in with your Microsoft account credentials.
3. Enter the 25-character redeem code. Click Redeem Code.
4. Have fun!